Wednesday 10 February 2010

Day 37: THINGS I CANNOT DO #1

Listen to anything you say whilst there are bright lights in my peripheral vision.

Televisions/ iphone stuff/ videogames: I am a moth, and I cannot hear you. Ask me a question whilst i'm playing a videogame and you're unlikely to get a response before the 3 minute mark. In the past I've been known to literally take 10 minutes to respond, before quietly slipping back into my fixated coma of silence. By this stage, most people have forgotten their initial question, considerably adding to the awkward confusion. Basically if I have bright lights in my line of vision, you simply cannot hope to maintain my full attention, because the flashing fruit machine will always win.

Sorry, it's not my fault. Every time I visit Piccadilly Circus at night there's about a 60% chance i'll get hit by a bus whilst gawping skywards at the wall of rainbow above. I'm worried that if I ever visit Time Square my brain will give up the ghost before I can even turn around a full 360 - leaving me a burnt out husk of a man wandering the streets of NYC - begging for spare change so I can buy a torch and a selection of coloured acetate sheets. Keep me away from naked flames, please.

1 comment:

  1. yea its fucking annoying, I usually just start doing something else whilst I wait. Its kind of like sending out an email. you may or may not get a reply, and the speed is unknown.

    ReplyDelete

eXTReMe Tracker